Tuesday, September 24, 2013

LOSS AND LIFE

100 Words on Saturday - Write Tribe

The clock struck one. Between sobs she places a hand on the empty space next to her on the bed.  “I am strong. I’ll take care of our kids and your parents. I’ll make your dreams happen.  I will.”  
“My irate boss.  That colleague who waits to get into the crowded lift with me.  Crowded buses with cheap guys.  Lewd remarks as I pass the wine shop. Our seemingly concerned neighbor. That aunt and her “kind” son.  They don’t change, just feel worse.”
“I miss confiding and sleeping in your arms, your reassuring  hugs.  If only you were here.”

100 words on Saturday at Write Tribe prompt of 'if only you were here'

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes :) its tough on a woman..when she loses her better half

      Delete
  2. Profoundly moving piece...
    Nice take on the prompt...Preeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adapting to a life without the better half is a tough one. Well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sad story...have tears in my eyes...
    Can feel the pain through your words...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. Short and emotions well conveyed. Can feel the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful story about love and you have beautifully written:)
    Cheerz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emotion packed well written short piece.Great

    ReplyDelete